Career Services is now offering a variety of resources to assist students who don’t know what career they would like to pursue after graduation.
Career Exploration Seminars
Students who partake in our regularly scheduled Career Exploration seminars will learn how to assess their interests, skills, values and personality traits. They will then be taught how to research specific careers and be shown how to develop detailed career plans that will enable them to reach their career and employment goals. After the presentation students will be given a “token” allowing them access to DISCOVER. Check the Career Services calendar for seminar dates.
DISCOVER.com is a comprehensive online career exploration website available to students. DISCOVR has the following features:
If you wish to use DISCOVER please stop by Career Services to receive access.
- General career exploration information
- Research based assessments of career-relevant interest, abilities and job values that help users determine what they “want out of work”
- Job and occupational information that can be searched in multiple formats
- Various job search resources
- A personal Career Portfolio where students can save career inventory results and career planning information