At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Event Specialist for the 3M Marketing-Sales team located in Maplewood, Minnesota.
The person hired for the position of Customer Event Specialist will…
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Adapts differing techniques and methods to deal with variations in work conditions and operations to solve complex problems. Assists with key milestones and business initiatives.
* Collaborates with management to determine priorities and timetables, assigns resources/tasks and may provide performance feedback on team members. Accountable for the activities and results of assigned programs.
* Handles non-routine and difficult inquires where the solution is not immediately apparent. Develops solutions for multi-faceted, interrelated, and complicated problems. Most complex problem solving may require conceptual thinking to assess options, making decisions by applying extensive experience and knowledge of related and non-related precedents, practices and policies to solve significantly different problems.
* Responsible for determining best approach for system design and implementation to improve events and result in policy compliance.
* Supports team in recommendations to improve customer events.
* Participates in defining standards for evaluations
* Applies expert knowledge and extensive experience to deal with variations in work conditions and operations to solve complex and diverse problems.
* Responsible for collecting all customer sales data to present to 3M executives along with providing event feedback to management.
* Leads numerous aspects in event planning.
* Create effective PowerPoint slides to show event metrics.
* Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/ initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards, complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M's values and ethical standards.
* Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
* Minimum of six (6) years of event experience
* Experience in marketing
* Knowledge in PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher
* Interpersonal/ people skills
* Organizational skills
* Eye for detail
* Enthusiasm and passion
* Time management skills
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up 10% domestic travel
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Application and details at: http://www.startwire.com/express_apply_jobs/MjEyNF9lODNmMjFjZmYyZjBhY2I5NzQ3YTdhYzY1YjhlZGIwYV9sdXVhX2k=?source=ziprecruiter_l2