Teacher on Special Assignment
Student Achievement Specialist & Instructional Coach
Park High School
Salary schedule based on Teacher's Contract, previous teaching experience and education (Contract is available on District Website under Human Resources/Staffing)
This position will facilitate site efforts to address areas of concern in relation to Student Achievement. The position will be responsible for initiating and guiding staff development efforts related to Student Achievement, facilitating and monitoring assessments and instructional interventions at a Site and Classroom level, supporting job embedded Staff Development efforts to make data driven instructional decisions, and instructional coaching. Roughly fifty percent of the time this position will be directly in the classrooms providing both feedback and support to instructional staff.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Support site staff development activities that will positively impact student achievement. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Work with instructional teams to identify and facilitate staff development activities that will improve student learning and instructional practices.
* Support the implementation of learning teams (PLC) to promote collaboration and continuous improvement of instructional programming and practices.
* Provide instructional coaching to support implementation and development of instructional practices identified to most effectively enhance student achievement.
* Support the implementation, monitoring and review of instructional interventions specifically using the RTI model as a building wide approach to academic interventions. This includes:
* Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of specific instructional interventions at all tier levels within the RTI instructional model that impacts the full distribution of student performance (high, average, and low performing).
* Ensure the use of clear and relevant student identification criteria for placement into a tiered model of instructional intervention programs,
* Apply and review exit criteria for intervention programs established to assist students to meet state proficiency targets.
* Analyze the summative effectiveness of interventions on student achievement across the spectrum of learners.
* Analyze, interpret, and inform site administrators and staff on the status and progress of students enrolled at the site, with an emphasis on students enrolled in intervention programs at the school sites, on state and local assessments. Demonstration and competencies will be required in the following areas:
* Access and process information via Infinite Campus, Viewpoint, NWEA, and MDE will be required
* Provide and establish consistent data review procedures at school sites to assist in the edification of the various assessments administered, interpretation of the scores, and how to make instructional adjustments and interventions based on the data findings.
* Identify impact of interventional strategies on overall student achievement
* Present school and student trend data, as well as provide interpretation and evaluation of the data, and identify its impact on instruction to staff, learning teams, and administration
* Assist with collaboration among all stakeholders at a specific site(s) as it relates to student achievement. Expectations include but are not limited to:
* Serve as a unique bridge linking school sites and TLS to provide support for implementation of effective instructional practices, tiered interventions, and other efforts aimed at increasing student achievement.
* Facilitate conversations and collaboration among all stakeholders for the purpose of using formative assessment to drive instructional decisions
* The Student Achievement Specialist will be the primary contact and coordinate the administration of all state and district mandated assessments associated with testing(e.g. ACT, MCA Math, Reading and Science) and continuous improvement efforts (e.g., MAP,CBM).
* Engage in crucial conversations with instructional and support staff.
* Support learning by committing 50% of the time in classrooms providing feedback and support to teachers.
* Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
* Current Minnesota Teaching Licensure
* Demonstrated performance as a teacher leader & collaborative characteristics
* Understanding and successful experience with the RTI instructional model
* Understands Common Curricular Core
* Understanding of adult learning theories
* Ability to perform routine computer functions, including the use of email and Microsoft Word
* Prompt, regular and reliable attendance
* Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships
* Strong belief in and support of all students having the ability and will to learn.
* Culturally proficient.
* Experience with Instructional Coaching.
* Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions
Apply online including a letter of interest and current resume
Position will be removed from website when HR has been notified that it has been filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Application and details at: http://www.startwire.com/express_apply_jobs/MjEyNF8xNzIxZjAxZGQ0MzM4ZDJlMWVmYzY0Y2E5MGJmNThlYl9sdXVhX2k=?source=ziprecruiter_l2