Mental Health Professional or Clinical Trainee—School-Linked Mental Health Program
CMMHC has exciting opportunities for School-Linked Therapists in the Buffalo area. These positions will provide mental health services in the school setting to increase access for students who would otherwise have to leave school to receive these services and for students who cannot access these services because their families do not have insurance or the ability, availability and/or are unable to meet with service providers outside of school.
The Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Consistently demonstrate clinical competence and professionalism by effectively providing mental health therapy and diagnostic services to children and their families.
• Work in collaborations with culturally diverse populations (students and parents) in host schools to increase awareness and identification of mental health issues and utilize their ideas in developing more culturally-responsive services and supports.
• Work with families to maintain consistent service when health plans are changed, temporarily discontinued, or terminated by their employer(s).
• Provide medically necessary services in appropriate settings including the family when possible.
• Develop and maintain therapeutic rapport with parents and care providers to allow for improved client or student functioning.
• Attend school conferences and school functions to provide psychoeducation and information on school-linked services.
• Collaborate with care providers, social workers, outside agencies, and school staff.
The position knows and abides by all CMMHC organizational and departmental policies, sets personal standards and strives for high quality work in completing assignments, performs job duties in a timely manner, and represents the organization in a positive manner. The position understands our Mission, Vision and Common Values (stated below) and is committed to promote these values in behavior and attitude.
Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or Marriage and Family Therapy;
Licensed Mental Health Professional as defined in 9505.0371 Minnesota Rule, Subp 5A with current licensure as an LMFT, LPCC, or LICSW (Preferred); or be a Master’s Level Mental Health Practitioner working as a Clinical Trainee on track for licensure as a Mental Health Professional as defined in 9505.0371 Minnesota Rule, subp 5C ;
Maintain professional competencies and appropriate licensure;
Experience and training in behavioral learning techniques, rehabilitation theory and practice, and ability to do functional assessments, and individual treatment plans;
Experience and interest working with children attending Kindergarten through 12th grade;
Computer literate; MS Office Suite, Outlook Email, Internet, electronic health record software;
Clear DHS background study and sexual exploitations screening
Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
CMMHC’s Great Benefits:
• Medical and Dental Insurance (including fitness facility discounts of $20/month), HSA, FSA, Vision, Company Paid Employee Life Insurance, Voluntary Term Life, LTD, EAP, & Optional Supplemental Insurances.
• 403(b) retirement plan with a 5.5% employer contribution
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Opportunities for professional growth and career advancement
Central Minnesota Mental Health Center provides person centered mental health and chemical health services to individuals and families in Benton, Sherburne, Stearns and Wright counties. We inspire hope and recovery, respond to the emerging needs of the community and support each other and our clients through an integrated approach to care.
To be a recognized leader in community health and recovery services.
• We are client driven
• We believe in Trauma Informed Care
• We believe in Integrated care
• We serve all individuals and families regardless of their ability to pay
• We respond to emerging needs in the community
• We acknowledge the value of every individual
• We collaborate
• We inspire hope
• We provide support to each other and our clients
• We believe in recovery
Central Minnesota Mental Health Center is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
https://www.infinityhr.com/extranet/recruiting.aspx?id=9F5FBF0C-4CC0-4C82-BBF5-2B37B7B890A9&src=Argosy University &rqid=903BE296-9CE0-4259-BE6D-5BB89D2009B0