Job Title: Medical Technologist
Job Category: Laboratory
Hours per Shift: 8
Shift Start Time: varies
Shift End Time: varies
Company: WFH-Lab St Joseph
Department: General Lab - SJRMC
Location: WFH-St. Joseph 5000 W. Chambers St.
Requirements: Bachelors Degree in: Chemical, Physical or Biological Sciences or Medical Technology and one year of clinical laboratory training in a school of Medical Technology.
Certification/Licensure Required for Job:
ASCP or NCA certified as Clinical Laboratory Scientist/MT(ASCP) or eligible. If eligible, must complete certification within 1 year of hire.
1. Good organizational skills
2. Good interpersonal and communication skills
3. Independent judgment and good decision-making and problem solving skills are required.
4. Competent in phlebotomy skills.
5. Ability to perform highly complex analyses which requires good manual dexterity, accuracy, precision and computations.
Ideal candidate would be a generalist with experience in Blood Bank, Hematology, Urinalysis, Coag, Chemistry and Immuno Chemistry.
Description: Under the direct supervision of the Clinical Laboratory Supervisor, performs laboratory tests as ordered by a physician or required by established client/hospital procedures for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes, and is normally assigned to various technical departments/areas of the laboratory.