NEW OPENING August 1st
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST - BLOOD BANK LEAD
The most picturesque location in the Pacific NW!
A growing organization in an area with natural beauty and endless outdoor recreation!
MLT(ASCP), or MLS(ASCP), or MT(ASCP)
At least 4-5 years of experience in Blood Bank
SBB(ASCP) is ideal
Midpoint of salary range: mid $30’s per hour – higher for more experienced
• Sign-On Bonus/Relocation, Benefits, 401K and Retirement Plan with vesting
A non-profit healthcare system – providing highest quality of patient care
Lab administration team who welcome your innovation. Truly are wonderful people to work with.
Come and grow with this organization; absolutely career advancement opportunities!
With the ongoing expansion, Blood Bank will gain a newly expanded and renovated space
Blood Bank Lead Role:
• Monitor quality management and process improvement programs
• Ensure specimens are tested in timely manner - Review results for errors
• Provide technical guidance to techs - train new staff – competency assessment of staff
• Oversee maintenance/trouble shooting of instruments – review QC - maintain supplies
• Research and interaction with vendors for new instrumentation and methodologies
• Regulatory Oversight:
o Ensure discrepancies are corrected
o Develop and update policies and procedures meeting needs of CAP, DNV, CLIA, etc
• Blood Bank Lead reports to Transfusion Services
• Org Chart:
o Blood Bank Director (Pathologist), Director of Laboratory, Managers, Lab Leads, Techs
• Lab Leads: Blood Bank, Chemistry, Hematology/Coag/UA, Micro, Phlebotomy Lead
• 10-14 techs work in the Blood Bank; direct reports to the Transfusion Services Manager
Units transfused per month:
• 220 Red Blood Cells, 30-40 plts, 20-50 FFP, and 5-10 Cryoprecipitate pools
• Occasionally infant syringes are aliquoted
Automation: Immucor Echo -- and tube techniques with various enhancements (PEG, LISS, saline)
Ideal Pacific NW LOCATION: Endless outdoor adventure, ideally located with stunning scenery and breathtaking mountainous views! Mountain biking, hiking, backpacking, rock climbing, kayaking and whitewater rafting, running/cycling trails, cross-country skiing, downhill snow skiing and boarding; all within an extremely bike friendly community. Amazing restaurants, taverns, outdoor music.
CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org / Patty Wyatt - / direct 469.626.5161 /