Veterinary Technician Job Posting
Minneapolis Veterinary Hospital is in search of a full time veterinary technician. This is a wonderful position for the motivated person who wants to work with animals and expand your technical skills. A Veterinary Technician is a key member of the hospital team who supports and assists the veterinarians.
1) Helping maintain the flow of patients
2) Communicating with the veterinarian and other staff members
3) Monitor and administer anesthesia
4) Perform jugular, saphenous, cephalic, and femoral blood draws
5) Place IV catheters and administer medications
5) Taking histories and other information from clients. Performing TPRs and assisting in restraint during exams.
6) Educating clients about various subjects including but not limited to flea and tick prevention, heartworm prevention, vaccination, wellness, and the importance of preventive care
7) Answering phone calls and making appointments
Employment Type: Full-Time
1) Good communication skills
2) Good computer skills
3) Outgoing and a dedicated worker
4) Willing to learn new tasks
5) Team player who thrives on supporting the team in anyway
6) Ability to work in a changing environment
7) Must be able to lift 50lbs (with assistance)
8) Able to perform/willing to try blood draws, catheter placement, anesthesia, and monitoring.
1) Four day work week
2) Scrubs provided if needed (Two per year)
3) Discounts for personal pets
4) Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holidays
5) PTO for overtime acquired
Minneapolis Veterinary Hospital offers an amazing work environment with high job satisfaction.